Thursday, March 22, 2012

2012

I'm not even sure anyone even bothers with my blog anymore (and that's ok). I think I used it the best and the most when I was traveling and living overseas. It was a way to capture experiences and share them with family and friends back home.


These last many months I've done nothing but neglect it. :( But I'm going to try better for 2012!!

So bear with me as I play catch-up over the coming months from past events, and I'm going to try to upload a picture or two as well!


So for today - it's my "Friday" at work and I'm so glad. Tomorrow I've got a lot going on (as usual!), but our master bedroom-focused! I have my second Plantation Shutter guy coming in for a quote. We are starting slowly and may not ever do more than the front of the house, but that's the focus this go-round. When we build our retirement home someday, THEN it'll be plantation's throughout the house. Our bedroom furniture (sans the bed) are coming in and I cannot wait! We went with the Moultrie Park collection from Bassett and I'm already in love with it.



I am having a hard time with the bedding. I'm not of the mindset to spend $1,00o's of dollars, or even more than $400 on bedding, and not to mention, I'm picky. I'll know it's it when I see it. it doesn't help that we are looking for paint colors as well. We have an off-white chair rail that goes around the entire room. We are thinking of a rich yellow on top and a taupe on the bottom. We've also purchased some stencils for one or two walls to really make them pop. Right now I only have wall paint "squares" up, so who knows what it all will look like when we're done! ARGH! But -- the furniture is coming tomorrow and that makes me very excited!


I promise to post pictures ASAP.


Have a great weekend y'all!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I read! Or at least I used to, way back in 2010 when you last posted! ;-)

I can't wait to see more of your pretty house.