Monday, March 23, 2009

Rodeo Wrap-Up

The 2009 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is now a thing of the past. These last 21 days have FLOWN by! It was fun as it always is, however it's always nice to see it go....just to get back to normal life, as scary as that may be.

But here's my take on the performances I saw... of which were the ones I was scheduled to work at. No playing at the Rodeo for me this year! Which was sad, actually. :(

March 3 - Rascal Flatts -- for the opening night of rodeo, this performance was terrible, at best. And I only saw maybe 1 song! Sad Sad Sad

March 4 - Alan Jackson - always a pleasure. He kept it short and sweet -- Thank you AJ!

March 7 - Trace Adkins - I don't remember 1 thing about his performance. Had a good time while I was there, but don't remember a thing. Hosted Jenny and Nick and their friends that night and -- GOOD TIMES! They never made it to the Hideout, and I was only there for 2 songs, so no biggie.

March 10 - Toby Keith - Good performance, as he always does. Crowd went wild of course.

March 13 - Clint Black - On my BIRTHDAY of all days! But he was surprisingly GREAT!!! Well, as great at CB gets. He looked so laid-back and relaxed, I was pleasantly surprised.

March 16 - Darius Rucker - Anyone who missed this missed THE BEST performer of the Rodeo and of anyone I've ever seen. He was SO EXCITED to be there and showed off his buckle proudly. His voice is AMAZING!! Ahhh....he was sooooooooooo good! I will soon be enrolling Robert in voice lessons to mimick Darius! :)

March 19 - Pat Green - Did a good job. Even brought his son up there at the very end. Cute! Way to go Pat. Haven't seen him play that good in years! Not to mention -- Robert and the boys were in the Grand Entry! Matt was CHEESING it up, as you can imagine and Jr and Robert were all smiles too. They were so cute on the big-screen!

March 22 - ZZ Top - Now this was a hoot! Not that anyone could understand what words they were saying or singing, it was fun. I found out they sing "Sharp Dressed Man" and "The Girls Got Legs...and she knows just how to use them". LOL They are icons in their own right and Houston boys on top! I found their furry guitars that they switched to a bit of a laugh. And the fact that they stayed in step with each other perfectly. I guess after singing together for 40 years, (started in 1969) you do get pretty good.

Would love to know your thoughts on any of these you may have attended.

1 comment:

Kim said...

My dad said that you could actually understand the words to ZZ Top's songs if you went into the restrooms!