Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NIGHTMARES

Houston traffic post-Ike that is!

I know for a lot of folks traffic is the least of their worries. Power is still out and OH MAN I couldn't imagine that! Again -- friends & family -- my offers still stand for a warm shower and AC!

Yesterday was the first day "back to normal, sort-of" for Houstonians. It's taking 1.5 to 2.5 hours to get home from work. The lights down Westheimer, San Felipe, Memorial are out, so everyone is trying to get to a main artery like I-10, 59, 45, whatever -- and so it's taking UNREASONABLE amounts of time.

I left the office last night at 7:10, to catch a 7:18 bus which showed up at 7:40. The HOV lanes are closed to thru traffic, except buses, on I-10 due to construction. Well we were supposed to be able to get on them, but couldn't because the bus was late! So at 8:50 pm I FINALLY made it to the Park n Ride! Which meant still time to get to the house, ~ 20 minutes.

EVERYONE is so frustrated with traffic, but all we can do is cope

No comments: