Monday, December 08, 2008

Road Warrior

Well I finally racked up some miles on the car-o this weekend. :) (that one's for you KDK!)


Friday night Robert and I ventured over to Watson's to meet our friend Bryan for a few drinks. It was good fun and we had some good laughs. They especially liked posing for the Miller Lite girls. Of which the big picture magnet is hanging on our fridge!


Saturday morning I woke up early to hit the dusty trail back to Shiner. Picked up mom, met up with Dawn and Jenna and headed to K&K. We spent about 2 hours trying on dresses and even got Jenna in one. I can't wait to take Hana and Jenna out flowergirl dress shopping!!!!


Here's a few we found that were SOOO CUTE! this one was our favorite, I think!



This one was so precious -- it was cute in the front and had a little train in the back! aww.

So after shopping at K&K, Dawn and Jenna headed for San Marcos and Mom and I started our running around. We went and visited with the cake lady, then the wedding decorations lady, then -- yes -- we drove to Austin to try on the dress that is still the lead contender, just another time. It's still the most flattering!

After that mom and I went to Baby A's for dinner, since neither one of us had one single thing to eat ALL day. It was yummy. Then it was back to Shiner we went. We did stop off in Lockhart for a break at Wal-Mart then again in Gonzales to see what their material departments had. As we were walking out -- between the jewelry section and the electronics my heel slipped and down I went -- oh so graciously though. It was HILARIOUS!!! Mom turned around when one of the workers said "OH MY!!!". I bumped a stand and mom just cracked up. Seriuosly -- slooooow motion. We were laughing for a good 10 minutes!

We finally made it back to Shiner and although I had intended to go back to Katy that night, it was after 9p so I hung out with Mom and we did more wedding stuff on the computer. It was fun. I was sad my sisters weren't there with me, but hey -- we're all busy, especially THIS time of year!

Robert and I finished decorating the house for Christmas last night -- it looks good. We hung lights outside and are going to let the boys hang ornaments on the tree on Wednesday. This Christmas has completely snuck up on me!!!

AND ... might I add -- on the way to Austin on Hwy 71 I got a warning for having no front license plate on my car. Hello! That takes it down a notch! ha ha It was by a state trooper just barely outside Bastrop. He was in the turn land headed South on 71 while I was 2 or 3 cars deep headed North -- all stopped at a traffic light. What a booger. This is the 2nd warning I've gotten in my BMW in about 6 weeks -- for the same darn reason. It's a silly law if you ask me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holler the next time you are in Austin! We would love to see you. Should I even ask...why no front license plate?!

Kim said...

And...that's not a law in AR...so I proudly display my A&M vanity license plate on the front of my car and Bryan has his Gator one on his car.

Can't wait to see you SOON!!!