Thursday, July 16, 2009

Libya Part 5 (I think)

These are some of the best and craziest pictures I've taken so far!!! I went on an over night trip to Misurata, Libya to visit our shorebase. It was a GREAT trip!

Sand Storm near Tripoli

Beach in Tajoura, outside Tripoli

Camel going for a ride

2 more camels in the truck. Very common outside the city. Where are they going? to the meat market??

BBQ'd lamb

BBQ'd prawns & beef

CousCous

Libyan Salad

Libyan Soup

Drill Bits

At the shorebase warehouse look at the beautiful mediterranean water!!! I want to JUMP IN! (but we were in the harbor)


Misurata Guest House

Check out the FANCY bathroom accessories! Marble and Granite are here EVERYWHERE!
I HATED seeing this :( Poor horsie! He was moving from side to side so thankfully the driver slowed down to fix it. But STILL! :(

Cutting the Cake! It was the "official" grand opening of the Misurata Guest House

Egyptian van on the way back to Egypt. HILARIOUS!



TUNA pizza. Hey -- I gave it a whirl and never plan to again. It wasn't THAT bad .. but umm not my favorite!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow...very interesting to see! Keep the pics coming. Thank you for sharing!

Jocelyn said...

I love all the pictures!