Tuesday, July 17, 2012

4th of July Weekend = Half Moon Holiday's for us Shinerites!

So this is what we did on 4th of July weekend! I LOVE Shiner - it's my HOME! Always has been, always will be! The first full weekend in July is the Shiner Half Moon Holiday's festival. They moved it into town this year (from the big park just off the main highway) and my preference is the old way, but I guess it's up to the Chamber to decide.

Enjoy the pictures!

Me and my bestie! Diva's! LOL
 Miss Sophie sweatin' it out! (trust me, she wouldn't have it any other way!)
 Part of our group
 Meggers!
 Here comes the Color Guard. Always gives me chills......
 And the very LOUD fire trucks!
 Shiner Royalty (I used to be up there - a 1,000 moons ago!)
 Shiner High School Marching Band - Go Band!!!
 A parade isn't a parade without the Polka Lovers Klub of America!
 American Legion members from the Schulenburg post
 No small-town parade is complete without a tractor contingent!
 Granny's and Grandpa's and babies, oh my!
 Best Float EVER! I love HEB!!!!
 Nice ride
 Yoakum Royalty
 Bubba! Leading the trailriders.
 Had a couple of wagons in the trailride as well
 Matt snagged the watermelon!!! It was so funny watching him sprint out there to grab it!
 Relaxing after the parade. 
Hope you had a great 4th!
Happy blogging, y'all!

1 comment:

Think Positive and Smile said...

I loved that HEB "Shopping Cart" float!! : ) Very cool!