Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My how time flies

So this picture is of me almost a year ago. I had just started at Hess and they wanted a picture for our newsletter. These were the glory days. When I had my own office. When I wasn't working on contracts for 6 to 8 different countries, all of which were different. When I didn't have quite so many stacks of files on my desk that I was literally buried! These days at work I share an office. They made this one a shared office, then moved us into a new shared office. I do the work of at least 2 persons. People know I'm swamped because I rarely, and I mean rarely have time to visit or socialize with anyone. It's quite frustrating. I'm thankful to have a job and even more at an oil company ... however ... there are days when I just want to say 'thanks, but no thanks'. However, I perservere. AND .. in 2011 we're moving into Hess Tower into downtown and 'should' have my own office again. HA HA HA 2011. Really.

1 comment:

RB said...

sounds like you could use a healthy dose of computer geek cube land to put your office space into perspective ;)

i have my headphones on at work most of the time, and when people come up to my desk, i give them the 'leave me the f$ck alone look' :)

hope to hang out one of these days sooner than later!