Tuesday, April 10, 2012

2012 Garden Update

I have to say our garden is looking good! Although I'm a little worried about my tomato plants - I think they should be looking greener and healthier. They may be in need of some Miracle Grow. They do have flowers on them and two have tomatoes already hanging!

Our strawberries have caught on nicely! (they were transplants from our old garden to the new one) One plant is going to give us a nice picking, based on the number of blooms it has!

The zucchini and cucumbers have tons of flowers on them. Our snap peas are 6 to 8 inches tall already!!! (those were grown from seeds!)

Robert saw our first potato plant yesterday -- YAY! Even that is success enough for me since I've never grown a potato before! I remember picking them in Mamo and Papo's garden, though.

Spinach, green onions, carrots have all sprouted!

The bell and jalepeno peppers each have a bud and some of the bells are already 3 inches+ and growing!

And our corn - it's come up just how I'd hoped and right now is near a foot tall!

My garden makes me happy!!! I love mother nature!

No comments: