Monday, April 02, 2012

What did you do this weekend?

This is what I did:


Houston's Mighty Mud Dash 5K!!!!


I claim that I was peer-pressured into it, but in the end, it was a good time. MUDDY, but good! Bethany, Elaine, Liz and I descended upon the course at 9 a.m. and we finished in 50, yes FIFTY minutes! That's not bad, especially considering that some of us are more out of shape than others. (i.e. myself)

Here's our BEFORE picture:
I was very pleased, I have to say. I have been working out since February, however I have not run a long(ish) distance since last September, so for me to finish WITH OBSTACLES in about a 15 minute mile - that was a big accomplishment!


I'm so proud of myself, I may just go do it again, but withOUT the obstacles! :)


Here's our AFTER picture: (just as funny as the before)

No comments: